Seasoned Relationship Builder.
Astute combination of business and technology skills.
Focused, Decisive leadership in challenging environments.
Tom Caddoo has a consistent track record of managing strategic multi-million dollar, multi-year projects (systems management, technology and process re-engineering, data center consolidations, strategic outsourcing initiatives) for leading organizations, including Cisco, Adaptivity (Barclay’s Bank), Wachovia Bank, BellSouth (AT&T), GE Capital and Inacom Corp.
Tom is an exceptional communicator and negotiator, successfully presenting complex tactical/project plans to C-level management to achieve buy-in. Track record of building and motivating high-performance teams to consistently deliver projects on or ahead of schedule. Excel at working within tight time-frames and highly political environments to overcome objections and move projects forward. Uncompromising commitment to performance excellence.
- Successfully deployed Tideway Foundation Software Solution, resulting in a clean transition of the processes and technology to the corporate IT group. Delivered the project on time and within budget. Project success enabled the acceleration of a $200M program and reduced analysis of the data center environment time by 25%. The technology continues to be operational.
- Successfully funded three infrastructure projects: an HP Network Node Manager project ($500K capital with $250K in cost avoidance), ESM Testing and Development Lab ($250K capital), and IBM Tivoli Monitoring Refresh project ($750K capital, tied to a $300M data center relocation project).
- Served as Lead Monitoring Architect providing extensive facilitation, negotiation and collaboration services with multiple organizations and an outsourcing company on a $100M+ online banking modernization project. Delivered solution on time, despite tight timelines and no clear requirements.
- Radian Group Project. Closed and subsequently acted as engagement manager on an 18 month $2M project with Radian Group. Projects involved three phases and, at one point, a project team of eight. Managed both INS and client expectations to complete one of the firm’s most long-term and successful engagements. Completed the project on-time and $50K under budget. Single-handedly managed all aspects of the project life cycle, including P&L, resources, and delivery of services.
- BellSouth Project. Led a team of 20 technology consultants in a $20M project for Predictive Systems (bought by INS) under an aggressive (2 year) timeline. Architected, documented, and deployed a managing hosting service for the nation’s largest Regional Bell operating company. Product was an immediate revenue generator for INS.
- GE Capital IT. Collaborated with GE IT consultants to craft a solution for an outsourced network monitoring service to be resold by GE, utilizing GE’s Six Sigma quality processes. Delivered project under tight timelines.
- Server Consolidation Study. Performed a business case study consolidating server infrastructure, with estimated cost savings of more than $5.5M over an 18-month period. Project success led to additional engagements with substantial bottom-line impact.